Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

After first fill

Well I've returned from my first fill.  On clear liquids for 48 hours then move up the chain again.

Stats

Consultation Date: 11/14/16
Surgery Date: 12/1/16

Official starting weight on 11/14/16:  242 lbs
Official starting BMI on 11/14/16:  44.3
Official weight lost: 16 lbs 
Official current weight :  226 lbs

The weight I started with was the weight they recorded at the hospital the morning of surgery which was higher.  Lets face it, Thanksgiving was after consultation and before surgery.  I was enjoying the last holiday meal before surgery, so my weight was higher at surgery time.  I'll just have to remember to keep track of what I'm recording and the Official numbers.

But overall, he said I was doing good considering my height.  He recommends the gastric sleeve for those at my height due to metabolic reasons, but went with the lap band because of my actual weight.  The weight loss/risk ratio justified his choice of using the lap band. 

So, overall, I'm happy. But I'm sick of broth.  I want food again, but I understand the reasoning and I'd rather be safe than sorry for a few days.

I'll try to update again in a few days when I'm off broth.  My mood should improve by then, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment